Zazzle Shop

Screen printing

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Screen Pics from Gran Turismo 5- Yes, it's that good!




Remember Katharine McPhee from American Idol?



Lightning Bolt: Hits Plane midflight

high voltage

Lightning Bolt Hitting Plane Taking Off Osaka


lighting-plane.jpgThis shot shows a lightning bolt striking an airplane taking off Osaka's airport, then hitting the ground. Lightning is not dangerous for airliners, as the electricity flows around their aluminum skin, but looking at the stunning video loop after the jump and knowing that tomorrow we have to fly to Berlin for IFA, they sure scare the hell out of me.


ATT952177.gif



Apparently, no plane has fallen down in the US because of lightning bolts in 40 years, even while every airliner in the country could get hit at least once according to the statistics. Now, can anyone explain to this ignorant (me) how 100 trillion (million million) watts can hit a plane and nothing happens to the electronics inside, while my cell can wreak havoc in the presence of just a few microwaves?

Top 10 Tech Toys You Can Actually Afford

Nice article on 10 tech items that you can actually afford, Chismillionaire this is for you:



Top 10 Tech Toys You Can Actually Afford

Very interesting, lost city found in Pacific

Very interesting, lost city found in Pacific

Aug. 24 - A Japanese researcher claims there are ruins of an ancient civilization under the Pacific Ocean.

Professor Masaaki Kimura of Ryukyu University claims that underwater rock formations are the remnants of an ancient Asian civilization that disappeared under the sea off the coast of the southwestern tip of Japan. He also believes the legends of the lost continents of Mu, or Lemuria, and Atlantis could have been based on these ruins.

Stefanie McIntyre reports.

Soundbite:
# Professor Emeritus of Ryukyu University, Masaaki Kimura

Your Money & Your Brain

The book takes a look a Chismillionare's favorite aspect of finance while he was getting his Master's in Finance- behavioral finance. MRI technology has allowed researchers to really see the impact and consequences of financial decision making from a physiological perspective.

How peoples brains work differently when it is a gain and a loss. It helps explain why an 80% chance of success and a 20% chance of failure are the same thing, but the brain interprets them so differently. For instance, MRI brain scans of those about to receive a large amount of money are the same as those of people on cocaine. No wonder poor decisions with money are so easily and often made.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/074327668X/ref=wl_it_dp/105-1543516-0579639?ie=UTF8&coliid=I468MOWSVDRZA&colid=3OI5QKUG9C8B8

Bernardo: there is still Hope!!

Honey Doll(NSFW)

Awesome Coin Trick

Awesome Coin Trick 10 quarters in 10 separate shot glasses at the same time, Amazing!!

and

Professional Quarter Bouncer: A Documentary/Skill Video

An A to Z of the Biofuel Economy

An A to Z of the Biofuel Economy

Bob marley: The difference between Ska, Reggae and Rocksteady

FeedM8 - Go Mobile