Thursday, September 29, 2011
The latest infoporn from Hunch.com delves into the site's proprietary user data system to uncover the characteristics of people who can drive cars with a stick shift vs. those who can't.
The graphic, designed by Column Five Media, shows people who visit Hunch.com apparently know how to drive a stick shift more than the average American driver. Or at least they say they're able to drive a stick.
Either way, here's some of the results from the data about people who claim to be able to handle a stick:
• 69% more likely to have a graduate degree.
• 39% more likely to be married or in a long-term relationship.
• 19% more likely to be extroverts.
• 75% have changed a flat tire.
• 14% more likely to be optimists.
• 27% more likely to consider themselves close to nature.
• 22% more likely to hike, bike, or run at the park.
• They watch the Newshour with Jim Lehrer.
• They watch Face the Nation.
• They watch History Channel.
• They like George Carlin
• They read 1984.
• They read National Geographic.
• They like Trivial Pursuit.
So, if more people knew how to drive a stick, the world would be a better place. The numbers don't lie. Even if the respondents probably did.
See the rest of the data by clicking on the infoporn below:
The world has a bit of a love/hate relationship with Germany, with most of the love occurring during Oktoberfest. For those not familiar, it's a festival that celebrates beer and cleavage, at least that's what we've gathered from the not-so-extensive research we've done. It's a time of year when everyone can find a reason to drink way too much beer, eat half their body weight in cured meats and wear lederhosen without fear of judgment. Find yourself a beer tent and clear your schedule for the next week or so, because you're going to spend it welcoming the fall by throwing up and falling in love.
Even this guy can make it happen during Oktoberfest.
Not sure how that Daisy Duke shirt fits the dress code, but whatever.
Hello, German warrior princess.
Tara Reid may have lost her swagger in the States, but she may be pulling a Hasselhoff in Germany.
1993's Miss Germany, Verona Pooth, has a love affair with soft pretzels.