C's Host Lakers in Game 1
Tonight, the center of the basketball universe is located on Causeway Street, as the Boston Celtics host the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 1 of the 2008 NBA Finals.
A year ago this time, Kobe Bryant was asking to be traded and Paul Pierce figured he was being traded. Instead, both guys stayed put, their teams made major acquisitions and now the league's most storied franchises will face off for the NBA Championship.
KG 2008 Finals adidas Team Signature Commander Shoe
Kevin Garnett, the Boston Celtics and adidas have launched a rare version of Kevin Garnett's 2008-09 adidas Team Signature Commander shoe. The adidas Team Signature KG Commander is scheduled to launch in October 2008, but for this year's NBA Finals, Kevin Garnett will wear a special version that will be highlighted by the inclusion of the coveted Larry O'Brien NBA Championship Trophy on the lateral side, and an embroidered callout to games 1 thru 7 on the medial side.
Available now are the exclusive shoes from Games 1 through 4.
- Limited edition collectible commemorating the Celtics run at their 17th NBA Championship
- Only 8 pairs per game produced, each pair size 15, just like KG wears
- Each shoe is adorned with KG's personal tribute to pals Malik Sealy and Kirby Puckett
- 100% of all net proceeds are donated to NBA Cares community partners in the Boston area
- $1017 SRP commemorates the Celtics' drive for Banner #17
Beat LA T-Shirts | NBA Finals Gear
Are you geared up for the NBA Finals? Visit the official Celtics online store today for the latest NBA Finals merchandise, including hot selling 'BEAT LA' t-shirts. The Celtics online store also has the latest Eastern Conference Championship gear to help you commemorate this historic Playoff run.
Get your official Celtics Playoff merchandise today.